Friday 1 October 2010

A world of technologies

The primary steps which I need to take before I start developing my concept, are to research about various technologies which we are surrounded by today as well as all the technologies which are going to be available in the near future. I am still quite confused what my concept is going to be about and therefore while doing this research I hope it will give me some more ideas.
The list of technologies we have nowadays is vast. I have researched about technologies such as Mashups, Location Based Services, Augmented Reality, Mobile apps and Holography, but I only chose some of them which attracted my attention the most. Those are Location Based Services and Mobile Applications.

http://www.hrtc.org/attachments/wysiwyg/10/world.jpg

Location Based Services
A location-based service (LBS) is an information and entertainment service, accessible with mobile device through the mobile network and utilizing the ability to make use of the geographical position of the mobile device
LBS services include services to identify a location of a person or object, such as discovering the nearest banking cash machine or the whereabouts of a friend or employee. LBS services include parcel tracking and vehicle tracking services. They include personalized weather services and even location-based games. They are an example of telecommunication convergence.


Mobile application


No comments:

Post a Comment